Read-Ability: Educational Consulting
Working with publishers we read and review 1000's of front and back list titles every year to determine readability and relevance to instructional standards.
We research current trends to understand the changing needs of the classroom. We have to meet the needs of many unique Individuals and match books to readers based on curriculum and text characteristics.
We communicate our knowledge to publishers and educators, making strong connections between books and their role in creating positive learning outcomes.
Not Your Ordinary Book Store… EXTRAORDINARY!
- “Marla is always an absolute pleasure to work with. She works diligently and quickly, which is very much appreciated in the busy publishing world!”Cheryl Eissing
HarperCollins Children's Books
- "Marla provides an exceptional service for publishers and authors. Not only is she a highly accurate leveler, she also provides incredible insight into how to make a title more valuable to students and teachers."Asia Citro
- “Marla has been instrumental in providing us leveling and common core correlations. She is a great resource and a lovely person to work with as a partner."Arianne McHugh
Saddleback Educational Publishing, Inc.
- “We have worked with Marla for several years to level our books for the education market. Marla is always timely, responsive to our questions and friendly. She has a solid grasp of the leveling process and we've always been more than satisfied with her work."Sarah Spencer
- “Marla is my go-to for fast, reliable, and quality leveling. I work for an international publisher and my deadlines are always extremely tight. Marla can be counted on to work within my timelines and offer fabulous services for the right price. I can’t recommend her enough."Rebecca Rissman
Writer and Editor
- “Marla is a very knowledgable and professional resource in educational publishing and marketing. She's great to work with, is an excellent communicator, and makes her deadlines. I highly recommend her."David Wexler
Executive Vice President
Sales at Lerner Publishing Group
About Marla Conn, MS, Ed.
My work with students, parents, publishers, authors, and educators has given me a deep understanding of how the reading process, books, environment, and implementation of instruction can provide rich, meaningful experiences that build a strong foundation in literacy skills and will allow ALL students to achieve a love of reading and learning. It is the job of a “community” to create a stimulating, positive, learning environment where all children will be successful.